Last week I said I had a new favorite vegetable preparation. I think I spoke too soon. This Super Green Pasta is my new favorite.
It has only 6 ingredients, takes about 15 minutes to make, and is silky delicious and really really filling. You could have a salad or some chicken or fish or just eat it as is.
I slightly adapted a Jamie Oliver recipe. This makes enough for two for dinner with a little leftover. We couldn’t eat it all, we were stuffed. You’ll need;
- 1/2 a pound of dried pasta. I used whole wheat linguine, use any kind you like
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of greens- kale, chard, spinach or beet greens. I used chard and beet greens
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil (I forgot to put the oil in the picture)
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, peel the garlic. Tear or cut the stems out of the greens you are using and give the stems to the chickens, add the leaves and the garlic to the pasta pan and boil them for 5 minutes. Pour 1½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a blender and add the Parmesan. Use tongs to carefully transfer the greens and garlic straight into the blender and blitz for a few minutes until super-smooth. Taste and season with salt and black pepper.
2. Drain the pasta, reserving a cupful of cooking water (I didn’t do this). Return the pasta to the pan and toss with the vibrant green sauce, loosening with a splash of reserved cooking water, if needed, then divide between your plates. Dot over the ricotta, drizzle with a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil, and tuck right in.
Gosh this is so good I hope you make it. I know I will make it again and again.
Have a great week and see you at pickup.