We are now taking 2020 CSA memberships! Posted 2/3/20
See what was in last season’s Veggie Share.
From arugula to zucchini, Red Wagon has one of the biggest varieties of crops around! Check out our crop list.
Here is the Biweekly pick-up schedule for 2020.
If you are new to Red Wagon Farm please read our FAQ before you sign-up.
Our 2020 CSA will run for 23 weeks from May 18 through October 22 Each week you will get a selection of amazing vegetables grown on our farm. CSA members do not choose what they receive in their weekly shares, rather we will provide you with a mix of what is available each week on the farm.
Please make sure that one of these locations will work for you before you sign up for the CSA. You are responsible for picking up your share during this time each week.
We have five locations operating from 4-7 pm*:
- Mondays in Central Boulder—2600 Pearl St at the Google offices
- Tuesdays in North Boulder—1925 Glenwood Dr at Nevei Kodesh
- Wednesdays in South Boulder—Martin Park, Fordham Ct & S 36th St
- Thursdays in East Boulder—Cherryvale & Arapahoe at the Boulder Jewish Community Center (BJCC)
- Thursday at Red Wagon Farm—7694 N 63rd Street (2 miles north of IBM)
* Pickup is between the hours of 4-7 pm only. Any shares that are not picked up will be donated.
Available Share Sizes
What size share should you get? It depends… How often do you cook at home? How many vegetables do you eat? Sometimes a family of four only gets through a Biweekly Veggie Share before their next pickup. On the other hand, a couple may blow through a Large Veggie Share in 3 or 4 days if they are big veggie eaters who eat most of their meals at home. If you are not sure what size you’d like, we recommend going with the smaller option then upgrading during the season if you decide you’d like a larger share.
See a list of what was in last season’s Veggie Shares. You can also check out @redwagonfarmco on Instagram to see what CSA members got every week last year.
- Regular Veggie Share $845.25 ~$36.75/week
- Biweekly Veggie Share $441.00 ~$36.75/week; pick up every other week. This share has the same items as the Regular Veggie Share, you just pick up every other week. Almost all of our veggies will stay fresh for the full two weeks. Biweekly pick-up schedule
- Large Veggie Share $1,215.55 ~$52.85/week This share has the same items as the Regular Veggie Share plus 3-4 additional items. This will include some new or different items plus a double portion of some of the items in the Regular Veggie Share.
- Friends of Red Wagon Share $1,955.00 (see details below)
**We do not recommend splitting a Regular Veggie Share or a Large Veggie Share between a group of individuals. If a share has too much food for you, we recommend getting a smaller share.
- Regular Fruit Share $178.20 (sales tax included) ~$14.85/week for 12 weeks
- Biweekly Fruit Share $89.10 (sales tax included) ~$14.85/week for 6 weeks; pick up every other week
We will provide delicious, certified organic fruit grown by Ela Family Farms and First Fruits Organic Farms from the Western Slope of Colorado. The fruit share runs for a total of 12 weeks, generally starting in August. While the fruit share is for 12 weeks, it is not 12 consecutive weeks.
The dates of the fruit share pickups are dependent upon availability. The fruit share will mostly consist of peaches and apples. However, if we are lucky we might also have the following available: cherries, apricots, pears, plums, strawberries, or melons.
See what was in a past Fruit Share Every season is different for fruit. There is no “typical” fruit year! The Western Slope fruit crop is really dependent upon weather.)
- Regular Egg Share $172.50 (sales tax included) $7.50/dozen for 23 weeks
- Biweekly Egg Share $90.00 (sales tax included) $7.50/dozen for 12 weeks, pick up every other week
The happy chickens at Cottonwood Creek Farms live outside on pasture. Feed is supplied as a supplement and is composed of non-GMO corn (raised on-farm), soy, oats, alfalfa, and probiotic minerals. No chemicals of any kind are used on the chickens.
Throughout the season you will get different sizes of eggs. Some weeks you will receive one dozen large eggs. Other weeks you will receive two dozen pullet eggs. Click here to learn more about pullet eggs.
Organic Fair Trade Coffee
- Regular Coffee Share $355.35 (sales tax included) $15.45/1lb for 23 weeks
- Biweekly Coffee Share $185.40 (sales tax included) $15.45/1lb for 12 weeks, pick up every other week
Local Conscious Coffees is a craft micro-roastery dedicated to working with coffee farming communities in fair trade. They have direct relationships with the farmers and pay the farmers above fair trade standards. There is full transparency from crop to cup (you can pinpoint specific lots where their coffee comes from.) They are a B Corp company. Plus, it is the best tasting coffee you will ever have! It is roasted right here in Boulder by passionate roasters. You will receive 1 pound of organic coffee per week.
- Regular Mushroom Share $174.80 (sales tax included) $7.60/half pound bag for 23 weeks
- Biweekly Mushroom Share $91.20 (sales tax included) $7.60/half pound bag for 12 weeks, pick up every other week
Fresh exotic, certified organic shiitake, oyster, and crimini mushrooms available from Hazel Dell Mushroom Farm. You will receive a half pound bag of mixed mushrooms per week.
Friends of Red Wagon
Our Friends of Red Wagon share is for people who want to go above and beyond in supporting our farm. Let’s face it, there are so many things stacked against small farms. Do you truly value Red Wagon produce and the benefits Red Wagon brings to our community? Are you in a strong financial position? Then the Friends of Red Wagon Share is for you! You will be helping to ensure the long-term viability of Red Wagon.
Here are some of the benefits of being a Friend of Red Wagon:
–You will receive a Large Veggie Share each week.
–You will have more flexibility in your pickup location if needed.
–You will have additional access to our farm for you and your family.
This is your way to give additional financial support to our farm. You will not receive the full dollar amount in vegetables.
Farm Worker Support
At Red Wagon we recognize that our farm workers are one of our biggest assets. They are the ones who grow your food and harvest it for you each week. Without our farm workers we would not be able to bring you our amazing produce. In 2019 we collected $3,657 in our Farm Worker Support Fund!
It is not easy being a farm worker. The work is incredibly hard, the hours are long, there is no reliable source of income in the off-season, and the list goes on and on. We try to pay our farm workers as much as we can, but the economics of food and small farms currently do not allow us to pay as much as we would like to.
We have had a lot of incredible farm workers over the years, but we have not been able to keep most of them at Red Wagon for more than a season or two. Most people cannot afford to live on a farm worker income–especially in Boulder County. We are asking our community to help us invest in our farm workers to give Red Wagon more long-term stability.
As an example, a contribution of $10/week would increase the pay of one farm worker $230 total over the course of the CSA season. Any amount you can contribute is greatly appreciated.
All the money you contribute will go directly into farm worker paychecks. It will be used to increase farm worker pay and also to provide farm worker bonuses. These contributions are maintained separately and are not used for other farm needs. There are no associated administrative costs.
CSA payments must be made by electronic check or regular paper check. We do not take credit cards due to the additional fee to the farm.
CSA Membership Commitment
“I wish to strengthen the local food system in Boulder County by becoming a member of the Red Wagon Farm CSA. By becoming a member of the CSA I am helping to preserve local, family agriculture. I understand that due to the unpredictable nature of the weather, there are no guarantees as to the amount of produce I will receive. I also understand that there are no refunds on CSA shares. I am responsible for picking up my produce every week at the designated time and location and understand that any missed pickups will be forfeited.”