adapted from Joy of Baking
- 1 1/2 cups shredded raw zucchini
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (45 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (not Dutch-processed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup safflower or canola oil
- 1/2 cup (105 grams) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (125 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips and a handful of nuts.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls then mix together. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and nuts.
Scrape batter into a greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
I like to leave my zucchini really big when I bake bread with it. I like to see the vegetables, because then it is good for you, right?