I have made this twice in the last two weeks. I have been putting it on everything. Grilled or raw vegetables, grilled meat, any grains or legumes, sandwiches, eggs, Mexican food…really anything. It is fresh and tangy and fast and easy to make and it keeps for at least a week in the refrigerator. Though, mine only lasted a few days.
Here is what you need. We got almost everything to make this in our last CSA share!
- 1 bunch of parsley, not the stems
- a clove of garlic peeled
- 3/4 cup of olive oil (I didn’t take a picture of that:)
- 1/4 cup of vinegar, I used red wine vinegar this time, last batch I used white balsamic and it added a bit of sweetness to the chimichurri
- juice of a lemon, give or take. Use 1/2 the lemon and see if you want more after you mix it up
- a red onion, chopped
- I had a jalapeno I threw in, it doesn’t need it, but it added a nice heat to the sauce
- other herbs, if you like. I had some oregano I used, you could use basil, or thyme, or pretty much anything you have
- salt and pepper
Now you just throw it all in the food processor and whiz it up.
That is it. That is delicious. It tastes like a summer garden. I had chimichurri with leftover rice and eggs for breakfast and mixed it in tomatoes for dinner last night.
I hope you try it!.