Our pumpkin patch is open 10-6 daily from October 1-31. We are looking for people to work part-time or full-time in this position. Preference will be given to people who are able to work Saturdays and Sundays.
You must be responsible, hard-working, punctual, and able to interact with customers in a friendly manner. You must also be able to lift at least 50 lbs. multiple times every day.
- Using Square Register to check out customers.
- Re-stocking pumpkins and produce.
- Decorating the pumpkin patch including building scarecrows and creating displays.
- Interacting with customers to answer questions and show them around the pumpkin patch.
- Opening and closing the pumpkin patch at the beginning and end of the day.
- Weekdays can sometimes be slow, so you will be asked to perform other tasks on the farm–mostly helping out in our wash area.
Our pumpkin patch is entirely outdoors, so you must be able to work in all weather conditions. The weather is extreme, with hot days in the 90s and cold days with freezing temperatures. Rain, thunderstorms, or high winds are not uncommon. However, we usually close the pumpkin patch if it is raining or below freezing for an entire day.
You must have your own reliable transportation. We are a non-smoking and drug-free workplace.
If you are very hard working and love to be busy, please respond by e-mail with the information requested below. We are looking for people who are thorough and follow directions. Please keep this in mind when responding.
• Phone # (preferably a cell phone number)
• Availability (dates, days, times)
• How many total hours/days are you available to work?
• We prefer people who are available to work the entire month of October. Are there any dates you specifically need off work?
• Past job experience
• Please attach your resume if you have one.
• Why do you want to work at Red Wagon?
• What do you think you would contribute to our farm?
• Are you able to work outside in all weather conditions?
• Do you have anything that would prevent you from doing physical work?
• Are you able to lift 50 pounds?
• Do you have reliable transportation?
• What is your cash handling experience?
• Describe any related experience you have.
• How did you hear about this position? (Craigslist, Indeed, Red Wagon website, Facebook, friend, etc)
• Please provide work references with a description of your relationship with the people you list.
• Tell us anything else you care to share about yourself.
Send all applications to: email@example.com
Pay rate: $12 – $13/hour (based on experience)
Thank you for your interest in Red Wagon Farm!