I’m looking for somebody to help me with many aspects of running the business side of our vegetable farm. This is a great job working for a family business where you can feel great about what we produce. You can work flexible hours and take home our organic veggies to feed your family!
Flexible hours – You must have some afternoon availability, but there is some flexibility in hours. Your hours will fluctuate during the course of the year. You will work more hours during the 8 months of our busy farm season (April – November). The other 4 months of the year (December – March) will require less work. These are the approximate hours you will work:
December – March: 10 – 20 hours per week
April – November: 20 – 30 hours per week
- Bookkeeping: AR, AP, and invoicing in QuickBooks Online
- Customer Service: Respond to customer emails
- Marketing: Edit marketing materials, update pricing signs, create brochures / flyers, update website, and post on social media
- Help implement food safety program
- HR: Review new employee paperwork, collect payroll data, print payroll
- IT: Support and troubleshoot computers, printers and WiFi
- General: Update POS system, collate and print reports, log receipts
- Running errands
- Excel: You must have a solid knowledge of Excel. I can teach you how to use a lot of the other programs we use, but you must know how to use Excel.
- Basic Word and PowerPoint knowledge
- QuickBooks Online
- Various other online systems for CSA management, POS, and employee scheduling.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail. I need to be able to trust that you will enter things perfectly into our bookkeeping system, etc., and not make typos.
- Ability to work independently and take detailed direction.
- You must have a good attitude and be willing to pitch in wherever it is needed.
- You must be able to work with all kinds of personalities – even difficult people.
- Conversational Spanish is a plus.
Benefits of working with our Team
- You are welcome to take our organic veggies to feed you and your family.
- No office attire – come to work in your comfy clothes.
A few things to consider before you apply:
- Will the seasonal variability in hours work for you?
- Farm work is certainly not the highest paying work you can find. Will the pay we can offer work for you?
Pay rate: $15/hr
Email Amy with your resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org