Pay rate: $15 – $18/hour (depending on vegetable farming experience and tractor experience)
Plus $0.50/hour end-of-season bonus for every hour you worked during the season and weekly vegetables from the farm.
The Grow Crew Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of non-harvest fieldwork.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with Wyatt (farm owner), Harvest Manager, and Javier
- Frequently communicate with Wyatt, harvest manager, and Javier
- Responsible for all aspects of irrigation including set up, anticipating appropriate irrigation schedules, and communicating needs for irrigation parts to Wyatt.
- Manage and coordinate crop trails
- Prepare and supervise manual cultivation of all crops
- Train farm crew on the use of tools and efficient techniques to be fast in the field
- Oversee row covering and planting
- Communicate with tractor driver about what tasks need to be accomplished
- Oversee and schedule maintenance of all vehicles and tools
- Run and supervise grow crew
- Maintain efficiency, speed and quality of grow crew’s work
- Operate tractor and trucks
- Help harvest crew when needed
- Maintain and enforce policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Work 60+ hours/week
Qualities required for the Grow Crew Manager:
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to speak Spanish (preferred)
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems
- Excellent observation skills/attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize endless to do list
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to work with many personality types
- Two years of farm experience
- Working cell phone
For an in depth description of jobs at Red Wagon Organic Farm please read our Basic Job Description before applying.
Click here to go to our application.