I’m looking for somebody with a great personality and good sense of humor to work with me as an assistant on our organic vegetable farm.
Flexible hours – You must have some afternoon availability, but a lot of the work can be done at any time of day. Your hours will fluctuate during the course of the year. You will work more hours during the 7 months of our busy farm season. Fridays are especially busy during the summer. The other 5 months of the year will require less work. These are the approximate hours you will work:
December – April: 10 – 15 hours per week
May – November: 25 – 35 hours per week
There is also the potential for you to work more hours in the summer/fall if you’d like to work at our CSA pickups, the Boulder farmers’ market, or on our farm.
- Bookkeeping: AR, AP, invoicing and banking in QuickBooks Online
- Customer Service: Respond to customer emails
- Marketing: Edit marketing materials, update pricing signs, create brochures / flyers, update website, and post on social media
- HR: Review new employee paperwork, collect payroll data, print payroll
- IT: Support and troubleshoot computers, printers and WiFi
- General: Update POS system, collate and print reports, log receipts
- Running errands
- Excel: You must have a solid knowledge of Excel. I can teach you how to use a lot of the other programs we use, but you must know how to use Excel.
- Basic Word and PowerPoint
- QuickBooks Online
- Various other online systems for CSA management, POS, and employee scheduling.
Other Skills and Abilities
- You must be able to work with all kinds of personalities – even difficult people.
- Ability to work independently and take detailed direction.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- You must have a good attitude and be willing to pitch in wherever it is needed.
- Conversational Spanish is a plus.
Benefits of working with our Team
- You are welcome to take our organic veggies to feed you and your family.
- No office attire – come to work in your comfy clothes.
- Say hello to friendly dogs, llamas, alpacas, goats, chickens, and a donkey every day.
A few things to consider before you apply:
- Will the seasonal variability in hours work for you?
- Farm work is certainly not the highest paying work you can find. Will the pay we can offer work for you?
Pay rate: $11/hr
Email Amy with your resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org.