Pay rate: $10 – $11/hour based on experience.
The CSA Manager is the face of Red Wagon to our CSA members. Members’ experience at CSA is in large part their experience with our farm; therefore, we are looking for someone who can be friendly, personable, and make them feel appreciated!
Job duties include:
- Attend CSA pickups three times a week: in Central Boulder, North Boulder, and East Boulder. Hours for CSA pickups are generally between 3:00pm and 7:30pm.
- Drive CSA truck to and from CSA pickups.
- Direct and assist in truck unloading and CSA setup according to Red Wagon’s guidelines.
- Manage, track, and oversee the distribution of all CSA add-ons (beef, eggs, mushrooms, fruit, coffee etc)
- Supervise and manage all CSA staff
- Coordinate storage and pick up of missed shares.
- Train and oversee volunteers and employees to get ready for CSA and to bag correctly. Be especially appreciative and cordial to volunteers.
- Maintain a good working relationship with volunteers, CSA members, and Red Wagon farm staff.
- Perform office tasks regarding CSA. Keep CSA paperwork in good order and up to date. Ensure that all CSA payments are made in a timely manner and send reminders for late payments. Assist in processing CSA checks. Answer all CSA emails.
- Communicate any member feedback to Harvest Manager and Wyatt (farm owner). Provide input in planning weekly CSA items.
- Plan, implement, and oversee two farm tours for CSA members and restaurant personnel
- Together with farm owners, plan, manage and execute the CSA party in October.
- Be responsible for producing a weekly CSA newsletter on time. Write a weekly column or get other farm staff to write a column.
- Send a weekly list of what CSA will get. The list needs to be posted on Facebook, communicated to newsletter contributors, added to the CSA Blog, and updated on Farmigo.
- Communicate with Kelly (farm manager) to create the CSA schedule for each month.
- Work as a productive member of the farm crew. A later start to the day is permitted because of so many off-farm hours.
Qualities required for the CSA Manager:
- Excellent communicator
- Proficiency with computer (Excel, email, blog)
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work with many personality types
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Able to drive trucks including manual transmission
For an in depth description of jobs at Red Wagon Organic Farm please read our Basic Job Description before applying.
Click here to go to our application.