If you’re interested in working at Red Wagon, please respond by e-mail to email@example.com with the information requested below. We are looking for people who are thorough and follow directions. Please keep this in mind when responding.
- Phone # (preferably a cell phone number)
- Please attach your resume if you have one.
- Availability (dates, days, times)
- Past job experience including any agricultural experience
- Position(s) you are interested in
- We recommend that you live within 30 minutes of the farm. Do you live within 30 minutes of the farm? If not, what are your relocation plans? (Do you have a place to live? Do you have the finances to relocate?)
- We are following all COVID-19 related safety requirements including social distancing and wearing face masks at the farm. Are you able to follow these safety protocols?
- Why do you want to work at Red Wagon?
- After reading the job description, what makes you think you would be a good fit at Red Wagon? What do you think you would contribute to our farm?
- What is your past management experience? (Manager and Coordinator positions only)
- What are your goals in agriculture?
- Will you be able to commit to the entire farm season? We need people who can stay until the end of the season in mid-November. Unfortunately we cannot hire people who need to leave or cut back on hours in August or September due to school or other commitments. You must be available to work every day and communicate early when you can not work.
- Can you work long, hard hours and still have a good attitude? This is a critical trait!
- Are you able to work outside in all weather conditions?
- Do you have anything we should know about that would prevent you from doing physical work? Are you able to lift 50 pounds multiple times each day?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record? We have numerous farm vehicles that some of our employees need to be able to operate. (You will not necessarily be excluded from consideration if you do not have a good driving record.)
- Do you have reliable transportation? We need workers with their own reliable vehicles due to the demands of the job. Our farms are 15 minutes east and 20 minutes north of downtown Boulder. The farms are about 20 minutes away from each other and you may have to drive from one farm to the other during the day. Also, you cannot plan to carpool with other employees because work schedules often vary.
- How did you hear about this position? (Craigslist, Indeed, Red Wagon website, Facebook, friend, etc)
- Please provide two to three work-related references with a description of your relationship with the people you list.
- Tell us anything else you care to share about yourself.
Red Wagon Farm is a non-smoking and drug-free workplace.
Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest in Red Wagon Farm!