Our 2018 CSA will run for 23 weeks from May 21 through October 25. Each week you will get a selection of amazing vegetables grown on our farm. CSA members do not choose what they receive in their weekly shares, rather we will provide you with a mix of what is available each week on the farm.
See what was in last seasons Veggie Share.
Here is the Biweekly pick-up schedule for 2018.
If you are new to Red Wagon Farm please read our FAQ before you sign-up.
Please make sure that one of these locations will work for you before you sign up for the CSA. You can only pick up at one location for the entire season. You cannot alternate between pickup locations. You are responsible for picking up your share during this time each week.
We have five locations operating from 4-7 pm*:
- Mondays in Central Boulder—2600 Pearl St at the Google offices
- Tuesdays in North Boulder—1925 Glenwood Dr at Nevei Kodesh
- Wednesdays in South Boulder—Martin Park, Fordham Ct & S 36th St
- Thursdays in East Boulder—Cherryvale & Arapahoe at the Boulder Jewish Community Center (BJCC)
- Thursday at Red Wagon Farm—7694 N 63rd Street (2 miles north of IBM)
* Pickup is between the hours of 4-7 pm only. Any shares that are not picked up will be donated.
Available Share Sizes
We have several sizes for our CSA Veggie Shares:
- Regular Veggie Share* $762.45 ~$33.15/week; feeds a family of 2-4 people
- Biweekly Veggie Share $397.80 ~$33.15/week; pick up every other week Biweekly pick-up schedule
- Large Veggie Share** $1,094.80 ~$47.60/week; feeds a family of 4-6 people
- Friends of Red Wagon Share $1,840.00 (see details below)
* The Regular Veggie Share is meant for a 2-4. We do not recommend splitting it between a group of individuals. If this is too much food for you, we recommend the Biweekly Veggie Share.
** The Large Veggie Share is meant for a family. We do not recommend splitting it between a group of individuals, if this is too much we recommend the Regular Share.
See what was in last seasons Veggie Share.
- Regular Fruit Share $174.00 (sales tax included) ~$14.50/week for 12 weeks
- Biweekly Fruit Share $87.00 (sales tax included) ~$14.50/week for 6 weeks; pick up every other week
We will provide delicious, certified organic fruit grown by Ela Family Farms and First Fruits Organic Farms from the Western Slope of Colorado. The fruit share runs for a total of 12 weeks, generally starting in August. While the fruit share is for 12 weeks, it is not 12 consecutive weeks.
The dates of the fruit share pickups are dependent upon availability. The fruit share will mostly consist of peaches and apples. However, if we are lucky we might also have the following available: cherries, apricots, pears, plums, strawberries, or melons.
See what was in a past Fruit Share (Every season is different for fruit. The Western Slope fruit crop is really dependent upon weather.)
- Regular Egg Share $164.45 (sales tax included) $7.15/dozen for 23 weeks
- Biweekly Egg Share $85.80 (sales tax included) $7.15/dozen for 12 weeks, pick up every other week
The happy chickens at Cottonwood Creek Farms live outside on pasture. Feed is supplied as a supplement and is composed of non-GMO corn (raised on-farm), soy, oats, alfalfa, and probiotic minerals. No chemicals of any kind are used on the chickens. You will receive 1 dozen eggs per week.
Organic Fair Trade Coffee
- Regular Coffee Share $333.50 (sales tax included) $14.50/1lb for 23 weeks
- Biweekly Coffee Share $174.00 (sales tax included) $14.50/1lb for 12 weeks, pick up every other week
Local Conscious Coffees is a craft micro-roastery dedicated to working with coffee farming communities in fair trade. They have direct relationships with the farmers and pay the farmers above fair trade standards. There is full transparency from crop to cup (you can pinpoint specific lots where their coffee comes from.) They are a B Corp company. Plus, it is the best tasting coffee you will ever have! It is roasted right here in Boulder by passionate roasters. You will receive 1 pound of organic coffee per week.
- Regular Mushroom Share $166.75 (sales tax included) $7.25/half pound bag for 23 weeks
- Biweekly Mushroom Share $87.00 (sales tax included) $7.25/half pound bag for 12 weeks, pick up every other week
Fresh exotic, certified organic shiitake, oyster, and crimini mushrooms available from Hazel Dell Mushroom Farm. You will receive a half pound bag of mixed mushrooms per week.
Friends of Red Wagon
Our Friends of Red Wagon share is for people who want to go above and beyond in supporting our farm. Let’s face it, there are so many things stacked against small farms. Do you truly value Red Wagon produce and the benefits Red Wagon brings to our community? Are you in a strong financial position? Then the Friends of Red Wagon Share is for you! You will be helping to ensure the long-term viability of Red Wagon.
Here are some of the benefits of being a Friend of Red Wagon:
–You will receive a Large Veggie Share each week.
–You will have more flexibility in your pickup location if needed.
–You will have additional access to our farm for you and your family.
This is your way to give additional financial support to our farm. You will not receive the full dollar amount in vegetables.
Farm Worker Support
At Red Wagon we recognize that our farm workers are one of our biggest assets. They are the ones who grow your food and harvest it for you each week. Without our farm workers we would not be able to bring you our amazing produce. In 2017 we collected $3,900 in our Farm Worker Support Fund!
It is not easy being a farm worker. The work is incredibly hard, the hours are long, there is no reliable source of income in the off-season, and the list goes on and on. We try to pay our farm workers as much as we can, but the economics of food and small farms currently do not allow us to pay as much as we would like to.
We have had a lot of incredible farm workers over the years, but we have not been able to keep most of them at Red Wagon for more than a season or two. Most people cannot afford to live on a farm worker income. We are asking our community to help us invest in our farm workers to give Red Wagon more long-term stability.
As an example, a contribution of $10/week would increase the pay of one farm worker $230 total over the course of the CSA season. Any amount you can contribute is greatly appreciated. The money you contribute will go directly into farm worker paychecks. It will be used to increase farm worker pay and also to provide farm worker bonuses.
All the money you contribute will go directly into farm worker paychecks. These contributions are maintained separately and are not used for other farm needs. There are no associated administrative costs.
CSA payments must be made by electronic check or regular paper check. We do not take credit cards due to the additional fee to the farm.
CSA Membership Commitment
“I wish to strengthen the local food system in Boulder County by becoming a member of the Red Wagon Farm CSA. By becoming a member of the CSA I am helping to preserve local, family agriculture. I understand that due to the unpredictable nature of the weather, there are no guarantees as to the amount of produce I will receive. I also understand that there are no refunds on CSA shares. I am responsible for picking up my produce every week at the designated time and location and understand that any missed pickups will be forfeited.”